- What: Risk of severe weather.
- When: Most of West Virginia, SE Ohio, and E Kentucky
- Where: Primarily Saturday afternoon and evening.
- Damaging wind will be the primary severe weather threat, also some hail may occur. A small risk of a tornado will also exist.
Risk of flash flooding will also exist for areas that received heavy rainfall this week.
- What: Severe Thunderstorm Watch
- When: This afternoon until 8:00 PM EDT this evening.
- Where: Portions of southeast Ohio.
Conditions, Impacts, and Timing:
- Thunderstorms are expected to form this afternoon through this evening in Southeast Ohio.
- Some of these storms may become severe as they move through the area.
- Damaging winds around 65 mph are possible
- Large hail and heavy rain may also occur within these stronger storms.
Turn Around – Don’t Drown!
SR329 between SR144 and SR550
SR377 between SR550 and Morgan County Line
SR550 between East SR329 and SR377
CR49 (Joy Road) from SR329 to Athens County Line
CR34 (Dutch Creek Road) from SR690 to Pete Smith Road
CR18 (Potter Road) from SR550 to Emma Wyatt Road
CR109 (Beebe Road) from Jewell Hollow Road to Hague Ridge Road
Restricted Travel – State Route 550 Between SR690 and SR329 (2.17 miles)
Restricted Travel – State Route 550 Between SR329 and SR377 (2.56 miles)
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
Central Athens County in southeastern Ohio...
Southwestern Morgan County in southeastern Ohio...
Southwestern Washington County in southeastern Ohio...
* Until 145 PM EDT.
* At 909 AM EDT, Persistent rainfall across the warned area is
resulting in water rises along many creeks and streams, as well as
flooding across some roadways. Flooding is already occurring in
the warning area, per reports from area law enforcement and
highway transportation officials. Flood waters will likely remain
high through midday.
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Athens, Glouster, Chesterhill, Chauncey, Jacksonville, Trimble,
Amesville, Bartlett and The Plains.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Please report flooding to your local law enforcement agency when you
can do so safely.
Dutch Creek Road is flooded from SR690 to Pete Smith Road.
Starting Monday, May 18th, crews will begin replacing culverts on CR 10 (Baker Rd). The road will be closed between CR 80 (Enlow Rd) and TR 686 (New Marshfield Rd) for the next 3 weeks.
Depending on weather, multiple culverts will be replaced on Fisher Road starting Monday May 4th. See below for locations and dates.
- May 4th – Fisher Road (CR17) at the Ladd Ridge RD (CR76) intersection to 55 Oxley Road (Alexander TWP55).
- May 5th – May 19th – Fisher Road (CR17) will have 8 separate culverts replaced within the intersections of 55 Oxley RD to the intersection of Harner Road (Alexander TWP 53).
CR 58 Frost Rd is Flooded from address 5825 Frost Rd to State Route 144 Intersection.