The City of Athens will be closing the Second Street Intersection between Lancaster Street and Columbus Road on Wednesday, August 14th and Thursday, August 15th between the hours of 7AM and 7PM. The road is being closed for waterline replacement. Residential traffic on Second Street should use either Elizabeth Drive to West Hills Drive, Walker Street, and First Street, or Central Avenue to West State Street. The contractor is prepared to maintain emergency traffic, but it is best to use alternate routes.
Most Recent Posts
- WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FOR ATHENS CO FROM 3AM TO 1PM, SAT, 3/17/18, WATCH FOR CHANGING WEATHER! March 16, 2018
- Bridge CLOSED, Athens Co Rd 10, Baker Rd, Radford Rd to Marion Johnson Rd, 8:30AM, Mon, 3/19/18 to 6/1/18, avoid area March 15, 2018
- The Plains roads CLOSED at 57 E Fourth and 63 E First, Thu, 3/15/18, 8AM to 4PM, please avoid this area March 13, 2018
- Athens Co Rd 62, N Torch Rd CLOSED, Clark Rd to Torch Rd, Tue, 3/13/18 and Wed, 3/14/18, 8AM to 2:30PM, avoid this area March 12, 2018
- Athens County Roads Sustained Severe Damage from February Storms and Flooding March 8, 2018
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets