The City of Athens will be closing the Second Street Intersection between Lancaster Street and Columbus Road on Wednesday, August 14th and Thursday, August 15th between the hours of 7AM and 7PM. The road is being closed for waterline replacement. Residential traffic on Second Street should use either Elizabeth Drive to West Hills Drive, Walker Street, and First Street, or Central Avenue to West State Street. The contractor is prepared to maintain emergency traffic, but it is best to use alternate routes.
Most Recent Posts
- ATHENS CO HEAT ADVISORY 1PM TO 8PM, MON, 6/18/18, DRINK FLUIDS, STAY OUT OF SUN, CHECK ON NEIGHBORS AND ELDERLY June 18, 2018
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning for NW Athens County until 4:30PM, please seek shelter if threatened by storm! June 17, 2018
- ODOT restricting SR681 to one lane at 9.55 mile, US50 to SR684, 9AM, Mon, 6/18 to 5:30AM, Fri, 6/29, please avoid area June 15, 2018
- Athens Co Flooding Road Closures 06/13/18, 9:15AM, Turn Around, Don’t Drown June 13, 2018
- Nelsonville boil order CANCELD for Chestnut, E Canal, Elmrock, SR691, Kimberly, Hocking College June 11, 2018
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets