The City of Athens will be closing the Second Street Intersection between Lancaster Street and Columbus Road on Wednesday, August 14th and Thursday, August 15th between the hours of 7AM and 7PM. The road is being closed for waterline replacement. Residential traffic on Second Street should use either Elizabeth Drive to West Hills Drive, Walker Street, and First Street, or Central Avenue to West State Street. The contractor is prepared to maintain emergency traffic, but it is best to use alternate routes.
Most Recent Posts
- Athens PD looking for White Male Suspect Who Robbed Citizens Bank, W Stimson Ave September 21, 2017
- Athens Co Rd 44, Bucks Lake Rd CLOSED, Garden Hill Rd to Carter Rd, Mon, 9/18/17, 8AM for 2 weeks, avoid this area September 15, 2017
- Athens Co Rd 20, Strouds Run Rd CLOSED 0.1 mile W of State Park Rd, Mon, 9/18/17, 10AM for 30 days, avoid this area September 13, 2017
- Athens Co Rd 42, Mill School Rd CLOSED, N Coolville Rdg Rd to Sand Rdg Rd, Mon, 9/11 at 8AM for 1 week, avoid this area September 8, 2017
- Athens County Crime Solvers Anonymous September 2017, Crimes of the Month September 8, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets