The City of Athens will be closing the Second Street Intersection between Lancaster Street and Columbus Road on Wednesday, August 14th and Thursday, August 15th between the hours of 7AM and 7PM. The road is being closed for waterline replacement. Residential traffic on Second Street should use either Elizabeth Drive to West Hills Drive, Walker Street, and First Street, or Central Avenue to West State Street. The contractor is prepared to maintain emergency traffic, but it is best to use alternate routes.
Most Recent Posts
- Southern Athens Co Flash Flood Warning until 10:30PM, Fri, 6/23/17, seek shelter if threatened, avoid flood waters! June 23, 2017
- Athens Co Flash Flood Warning until 9PM, Fri, 6/23/17, seek shelter if threatened, avoid flood waters! June 23, 2017
- Athens Co Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 10PM, Fri, 6/23/17, watch for rapidly changing weather conditions! June 23, 2017
- ATHENS CO FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT 2AM, FRI, 6/23/17 TO 6AM SAT, 6/24/17, WATCH FOR CHANGING WEATHER CONDITIONS June 22, 2017
- Nelsonville boil order CANCELED, SR691 and Kimberly Rd, thank you for your patience and understanding during this event June 21, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets