American Electric Power (AEP) has reported 428 homes in Athens County without electrical power. 285 of those are located in the Trimble Township area. AEP crews are working to restore electrical service to all of these homes. They expect to have 90% of the homes electrical service restored by 9 PM tonight. They expect 100% of the homes electrical service to be restored by midnight tonight.
Please keep in mind the following electrical outage safety tips.
- Unplug major appliances to protect them from a power surge when power comes back on.
- Leave a light turned on so you know when power is restored.
- Refuel heaters, lamps, and generators outside, and stay away from any flames or sparks. Wipe up fuel spills immediately.
- Contact your electric company if you’re using a generator — this protects you and our line workers as they work to restore power.
- Be safe with backup generators.
- Never operate lanterns, heaters, or fuel-fired stoves without proper ventilation.
- Never burn charcoal indoors. It releases poisonous carbon monoxide.
- Avoid downed power lines or sparking equipment.
- Never remove debris that’s within 10 feet of a power line.
- Prevent children from carrying candles or oil lamps.