The Nelsonville Police Department is saddened to announce the death of Hocking College student Charles L. Cane missing since September 20, 2014. The Columbus Police Department found a body on September 23, 2014 near Lake Shore Drive in Columbus. Columbus detectives believe that the subject found is Mr. Cane. Since all unattended deaths are treated as possible homicides until proven otherwise, the Nelsonville Police Department did not want to prematurely release any information that might interfere with the Columbus investigation. Our thoughts and condolences go out to the Cane family.
Most Recent Posts
- Athens Co Rd 1, Kimberly Road CLOSED, Minkers Run Rd to Wolfe Bennett Rd, Mon, 4/23/18, 8:30AM to 2:30PM, avoid area April 20, 2018
- Athens Twp Rd 30, Ervin Rd CLOSED 3PM, Thu, 4/19 until further notice, between addresses of 6522 – 6600, avoid this area April 18, 2018
- President Trump Approves Major Disaster Declaration for Ohio, Including Athens Co for Storm Damage 2/14/18 to 2/25/18 April 17, 2018
- Athens Co Flooding Road Closures 04/16/18, 3:00PM, Turn Around, Don’t Drown April 16, 2018
- Flood Warning for Small Streams in Western Athens Co until 12:30 AM, Monday, 4/16/18, seek shelter if threatened! April 15, 2018
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets