The National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Warning for gusty winds and low relative humidity, which is in for Athens County from 11AM until 8PM, Friday, 4/13/2018.
- Winds – Southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
- Timing – 11AM today through 8PM
- Relative Humidity – As low as 22 percent.
- Temperatures – In the upper 70s to near 80.
- Impacts – Fires that develop will spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not permitted.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS; A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong winds low relative humidity and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.