Emergency Management Specialist
Athens County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) seeks an Emergency Management Specialist. The preferred candidate will possess a degree in Emergency Management or Planning. Knowledge and implementation of an All-Hazards Approach and Incident Command System (ICS) outlined by the National Incident Management System (NIMS) is required. Fluent use of Microsoft suite, GIS knowledge, grant writing, and public speaking skills are desired.
Specific Duties Include;
- Perform administrative, technical, and analytical duties related to the mitigation, response, recovery, and/or preparedness process.
- Help design, develop, and conduct emergency exercises to evaluate Athens county response and capability gap assessment and write exercise after action reports.
- Interpret laws, regulations, and policies applicable to Ohio Revised Code and FEMA’s disaster recovery efforts.
- Attend and/or present briefings concerning planning and scheduling of Athens County response, recovery, and preparedness goals/capabilities.
- Assist in writing, maintaining, and performing regular reviews of Athens County Emergency Response and Coordination Plans.
- Attend regular professional development training through Ohio Emergency Management Agency to qualify as EMA Deputy Director.
- Use Emergency Management software to generate reports and validate information as well as conduct day-to-day administrative duties.
The position is full time and starts at $15.50/hr.
Please email resumes to email@example.com by 4pm February 28th, 2020.