Most Recent Posts
- Athens Co Rd 81, Fox Lake Rd CLOSED, New Marshfield Rd to SR681, Wed, 6/28/17, 8AM to 2:30PM, please avoid this area June 27, 2017
- Southern Athens Co Flash Flood Warning until 10:30PM, Fri, 6/23/17, seek shelter if threatened, avoid flood waters! June 23, 2017
- Athens Co Flash Flood Warning until 9PM, Fri, 6/23/17, seek shelter if threatened, avoid flood waters! June 23, 2017
- Athens Co Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 10PM, Fri, 6/23/17, watch for rapidly changing weather conditions! June 23, 2017
- ATHENS CO FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT 2AM, FRI, 6/23/17 TO 6AM SAT, 6/24/17, WATCH FOR CHANGING WEATHER CONDITIONS June 22, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: April 2013
State Route 329 is closed until further notice outside the Village of Trimble near Fierce Ridge Road due to a landslide. Emergency crews are on scene assessing the situation. Detours are being established. Please avoid the area.
Fires. Road closures. Gas leaks. How will you find out about county-wide emergencies and disasters? Your safety is our top concern. Early warning helps save lives and property. That’s why Athens County wants to make sure you know about emergencies … Continue reading
Athens Co Rd 20, Strouds Run Rd CLOSED between Twp 1328, Vaughn Rd and Twp 533, Shadow Creek Rd, Wed, 5/1, 8AM to 5PM
The Athens County Engineer’s office will be closing County Road 20, Strouds Run Road between Athens Township Road 1328, Vaughn Road and Township 533, Shadow Creek Road, Wednesday, May 1, 2013 between the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM … Continue reading
The Athens County Engineer’s office has closed Athens County Road 28, McDougal Road at the Sunday Creek Bridge outside of Millfield until further notice. The bridge is being closed for bridge deck repairs. Please avoid this area.
The outdoor emergency warning sirens in Nelsonville and The Plains will be tested at 12 noon on Wednesday, May 1, 2013, with a one minute sounding of the sirens. This time change is so Athens County can participate in the … Continue reading
The Athens County Engineer’s office will be closing Ames Township Road 219, Emma Wyatt Road, Wednesday, May 1 and Thursday May 2, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM for Bridge Deck replacement. Please avoid this area during these times.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A FROST ADVISORY FOR ATHENS COUNTY, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EDT FRIDAY. TEMPERATURES – IN THE LOWER TO MID 30S TIMING – LATE TONIGHT THROUGH EARLY FRIDAY MORNING … Continue reading
The Plains Water and Sewer District announces that the boil order for Pine Aire Village trailer court and The Athens Messenger has been canceled.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A FREEZE WARNING FOR ATHENS COUNTY WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM SUNDAY 4/21. THE FREEZE WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. TEMPERATURES: IN THE UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S … Continue reading
The Athens County Engineer’s office will be closing County Road 44 Bucks Lake Road, between Hogue Hollow Road to the County Line in Lodi and Carthage Township, Monday, April 22nd, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM for culvert replacement. Please avoid … Continue reading